Landscape Character Assessment Consultation Draft 2017
A draft Landscape Character Assessment (LCA) Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) has been produced that provides a comprehensive update to the 2007 Exmoor National Park LCA, and also provides more detailed guidance on the policies relating to landscape character in the adopted Local Plan 2011-2031. The draft LCA SPD is a detailed and purposeful document that is both a celebration and an analysis of the diverse and distinctive landscapes of Exmoor.
Consultation on the draft LCA SPD was held between 14th July - 8 September 2017
The representations received will be considered and any changes required to the supplementary planning document will then be made before it is recommended for adoption by the Authority. This will include a consultation statement setting out how the SPD has been prepared including how the main issues raised through the representations have been taken into account.
A schedule of the consultation responses received can be downloaded below.
The Draft LCA SPD
Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - The Story of the Exmoor landscape.
Part 3 - landscape Planning Guidelines
Part 4 - Landscape Character Assessment of Exmoor (large file or download separate parts below)
- Part 4.1 Introduction to the section
- Part 4.2 Landscape Character Type Profile A
- Part 4.3 Landscape Character Type Profile B
- Part 4.4 Landscape Character Type Profile C
- Part 4.5 Landscape Character Type Profile D
- Part 4.6 Landscape Character Type Profile E
- Part 4.7 Landscape Character Type Profile F
- Part 4.8 Landscape Character Type Profile G
- Part 4.9 Landscape Character Type Profile H
- Part 4.10 Landscape Character Type Profile I
Part 5 - Appendices and Back Cover
Please make any comments using this form
Please note this consultation ends on 8th September 2017 - see the Consultation Statement for further details