CareMoor for Exmoor supports valuable conservation and access projects in the National Park. Contributions to CareMoor help provide better habitats and homes for wildlife, protection for our heritage and repairs that keep our paths network open for all.
Donations to CareMoor have allowed us to:
- Fund a new boardwalk at Porlock Weir providing access to the marsh
- Restore Rights of Way following flooding, landslides and fallen trees
- Work with disadvantaged communities to visit Exmoor
- Remove barriers to those with access needs
- Improve woodland for dormice and put up lots of new nestboxes
- Create a pocket guide to butterflies
- Support volunteers to Get Involved in conserving Exmoor
- Renovate the lost gardens of Ashcombe
Ongoing campaigns and appeals are aiming to:
- Fund replacement bridges at Woodside, Lynmouth and Great Bradley, near Withypool
- Establish a Tree Fund to manage and replace individually distinctive trees
- Protect and enhance local habitats
- Maintain Exmoor’s Historic Signposts
- Sponsor Rights of Way furniture in memory of a love one or special occasion
Working Together for Exmoor
Managing the scheme in-house keeps costs minimum, meaning donations from anyone inspired by Exmoor go directly to the upkeep of Exmoor National Park.
Through CareMoor for Exmoor visitors can rest assured that they are doing something good for Exmoor and the environment. While businesses and event organisers can benefit from supporting a cause that helps sustain the National Park in which they operate and Exmoor’s nature, heritage and access gets the care and important funding it needs to sustain it for the future.
Follow us on twitter - @CareMoor4Exmoor