Book an Exmoor Discovery or Active Exmoor Break at our Pinkery Centre
For the first time since our Pinkery Centre for Outdoor Learning opened in 1969, you can now book to join us for a 2 night activity break. Based on our wide experience of educating and leading small groups, we’ve carefully developed a choice of breaks to suit all interests and ages. Choose from:
- Family Discovery Breaks – 28th to 30th May and 2nd to 4th August 2019. Have fun as a family with outdoor activities such as orienteering, low ropes, archery, grass sledging, fire-lighting and campfire. (All ages – children welcome). Prices start from £120 per person (includes 2 nights accommodation, food, activities, tuition and VAT).
- Active Exmoor Weekend – 9th to 11th August 2019 Get moving with mountain biking, hiking, wild pond swimming, mountain boarding and more. (Minimum age 14). Price varies according to room requirements - For 2 people with sole use of a room, the cost is £240 per person (includes 2 nights accommodation, food, activities, tuition and VAT) Discounts are available for higher room occupancy.
- Exmoor Discovery – 3rd to 5th September 2019 Learn more about the landscape, wildlife and history of the National Park with talks, walks and hands-on activities. (Minimum age 18). Price varies according to room requirements - for 2 people with sole use of a room, the cost is £240 per person (includes 2 nights accommodation, food, activities, tuition and VAT) Discounts are available for higher occupancy.
There’s a range of accommodation options for singles, couples and family/friend groups. Over the course of your stay you’ll enjoy the great outdoors, meet like-minded people, learn new skills and have great fun. The breaks include two nights’ accommodation, all food (Friday supper to Sunday lunch) and guide/tuition. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
The accommodation at our Pinkery Centre is predominantly bunk rooms with capacity for between 4-6 people. You can book a room for less people if you do not want to share. Each bunk room has its own en-suite shower room with W.C. There are also communal areas including a large common room, classroom and dining room as well as a drying and boot room.
The Pinkery Centre is set in the heart of Exmoor National Park between the villages of Challacombe and Simonsbath. It is accessible by car, minibus or coach and has ample free parking. Even though the two villages are fairly close, with the breath-taking views around the centre you will feel like intrepid moorland explorers!
Exmoor is a designated International Dark Sky Reserve and has some of the darkest skies in the country. The Pinkery Centre is located within the core dark sky zone – so on a clear night you will be amazed by the thousands of stars you can see, even with the naked eye.
Lynton and Lynmouth, on the coast, are the nearest towns (approx. 13 miles) with a good choice of shops, cafés, pubs, restaurants and places to visit, including the National Park Centre.
ENQUIRIES & BOOKING - If you would like to know more about the accommodation, the prices, the breaks and their suitability for you and your family or group, please call Katrina Munro on 01398 323665 (Monday-Thursday) or email KJMunro@exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk
- Donate to Caremoor
- Winter on Exmoor
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Walking on Exmoor
- Interactive Maps on Exmoor
- Download the Exmoor App
- Where to stay
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- National Park Centres
- Out and About Essentials
- Exmoor for Families
- Accessible Exmoor
- The National Park Ranger Experience
- Guidance for Event Organisers
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Trail Running
- Sea Kayaking
- Country Sports
- Tarr Steps
- Exmoor - a year in sounds
- Services Information for Exmoor
- Lorna Doone 150th Anniversary