The Exmoor National Park Authority (ENPA) has made funding available to support projects that help to achieve National Park purposes. The scheme is open to external applications from community groups, businesses, charities, individuals and other organisations. Grants up to £2,500 are available for use over a maximum of two (2) years.
The overarching focus of the fund is the achievement of National Park purposes and the fulfilment of Partnership Plan ambitions that make a difference for People, Place and Prosperity on Exmoor.
If you are looking for funding above £2500 please contact the Funding Officer to discuss your project and any support that might be available.
Decision meetings are scheduled for November 2018, and January, April, July and October 2019. To ensure you application is ready to be taken to these meetings, please let us have your application by the first week of the month preceding these dates (December, March, June, September).
To qualify for funding all applications will need to demonstrate that:
The project furthers one or both National Park purposes:
- Conservation and enhancement of the wildlife, natural beauty and culture heritage
- Promotion of opportunities for public understanding and enjoyment of the special qualities of Exmoor
- The project will make a measurable contribution to the achievement of the strategic actions set out in the Exmoor National Park Partnership Plan.
- The project has community involvement or support.
- Other funding opportunities have been explored.
- The project will have lasting benefits beyond the initial funding period.
Weighting is given to those projects that include:
- Innovation or the use of best practice
- Volunteers Opportunities and/or Audience Development on Exmoor
- Clear contributions to local social and economic well-being on Exmoor
- Opportunities for others to learn from the project
Support of up to £2500 is available, and there is no minimum amount.
The level of investment for non-commercial projects led by voluntary / charitable groups is normally up to 75% of total project costs and commercial / profit making organisations up to of 50% of project costs. Applicants will be expected to explore other funding opportunities which can add value to Exmoor National Park funding and to raise a minimum of 10% cash contribution.
In-kind contributions are acceptable as match-funding, and can include: volunteer time, loan of equipment or facilities, and services provided free of charge. You will need to provide a cost on which these contributions are based and evidence them when you make claims.
While each application will be considered on its own merits the fund is competitive and a final decision on funding support will be determined by the Chief Executive at three annual funding rounds.
All offers will be time-limited to a maximum of 2 years, by which time the project has to be completed and final claims submitted.
Please note that in certain circumstances an offer may be made as an interest free loan, or with conditions requesting some repayment through an arrangement with our CareMoor for Exmoor scheme. This applies particularly for projects with a commercial element. For further details please speak to our Funding Officer.
Applications should be made on the forms available online (hard copies are also available on request). In addition, more information may be requested if:
- The application is of a commercial nature or a new and ongoing income stream to sustain the project alongside any National Park investment is required;
- The project is particularly complex in its delivery or the request is for a contribution towards a larger project.
- Information for Farmers and Land Managers
- Information for Tourism Providers
- Business & Economy
- Grants and Funding
- The Lynmouth Pavilion Project
- Moor To Enjoy Project
- Superfast Broadband
- Affordable Housing on Exmoor
- Brendon Commons Council
- Simonsbath Programme
- Headwaters of the Exe Project
- Grown in Britain on Exmoor