Exmoor National Park Authority formally adopted the Exmoor National Park Local Plan to 2031 on 4th July 2017. Now adopted, the Plan is the statutory development plan and forms the basis for decisions on land use planning affecting Exmoor National Park.
As soon as reasonably practicable the Authority will make available: the local plan; an adoption statement; the sustainability appraisal report; and details of where the local plan is available for inspection.
The Authority received the Inspector's Report on 15th June 2017. The report concluded that the Local Plan is 'sound' subject to a number of Main Modifications suggested by the Authority. It also sets out the Inspector's findings on matters which were discussed during the examination hearing sessions held in July 2016.
Inspector's Report(1,454KB - PDF)
Plan Preparation to Examination
- STAKEHOLDER WORKSHOPS - December 2008 to January 2009.
- YOUR FUTURE EXMOOR CONSULTATION EVENTS 2010
- YOUR FUTURE EXMOOR CONSULTATION (including strategic options) 2011
- DRAFT LOCAL PLAN CONSULTATION NOV - DEC 2013
- PUBLICATION DRAFT LOCAL PLAN CONSULTATION JUNE - JULY 2015
- SUBMISSION & EXAMINATION OF THE LOCAL PLAN MAY 2016 - JUNE 2017
- Planning Advice
- Planning Policy
- Planning Application Search
- Planning Application Forms
- How to Report a Breach of Planning
- Enforcement Register Search
- Planning Appeals Search
- Report a planning breach