Landscape Character Assessment 2018: Adoption
An updated Exmoor National Park Landscape Character Assessment (LCA) Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) has been produced that provides a comprehensive update to the 2007 Exmoor National Park LCA, and also provides more detailed guidance on the policies relating to landscape character in the adopted Local Plan 2011-2031. The LCA SPD is a detailed and purposeful document that is both a celebration and an analysis of the diverse and distinctive landscapes of Exmoor.
Consultation on the draft LCA SPD was held between 14th July - 8 September 2017
The representations received have been considered and changes made to the draft supplementary planning document. This was approved for adoption by the Authority on 1st May 2018. The consultation statement sets out how the SPD has been prepared including how the main issues raised through the representations have been taken into account.
A schedule of the consultation processes and responses received can be downloaded here.
Click the thumbnail to go to to the Interactive Landscape Character Map.
2018 Exmoor LCA SPD
Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - The Story of the Exmoor Landscape.
Part 3 - Landscape Planning Guidelines
Part 4 - Landscape Character Assessment of Exmoor (large file or download separate parts below)
- Introduction to Part 4
- Landscape Character Type Profile A
- Landscape Character Type Profile B
- Landscape Character Type Profile C
- Landscape Character Type Profile D
- Landscape Character Type Profile E
- Landscape Character Type Profile F
- Landscape Character Type Profile G
- Landscape Character Type Profile H
- Landscape Character Type Profile I
Part 5 - Appendices and Acknowledgements
- Exmoor's Wildlife
- Exmoor - a year in sounds
- Exmoor Wildwatch
- The Exmoor Landscape
- Towns and Villages
- Trees and Woodland
- Exmoor's Coast
- Exmoor's Rivers & Streams
- Porlock Marsh Vision
- Exmoor's Geology
- Wildlife Events
- Exmoor Non-Native Invasive Species (ENNIS) Project