03 Dec 2019
To: All Members of the Exmoor National Park Authority
A meeting of the Exmoor National Park Authority will be held in the Committee Room, Exmoor House, Dulverton on Tuesday 3 December 2019 at 10.00am.
The meeting will be open to the press and public subject to the passing of any resolution under s.100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972.
There is Public Speaking at this meeting, when the Chairperson will allow members of the public two minutes each to ask questions, make statements, or present a petition relating to any item relevant to the business of the Authority or relating to any item on the Agenda. Anyone wishing to ask questions should notify the Corporate Support Officer by 4pm on the working day before the meeting of the agenda item on which they wish to speak, indicating a brief summary of the matter or matters to be raised (contact Judy Coles on 01398 322250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please be aware that this is a public Authority Meeting and will be audio and video recorded. We will make the recordings available via our website for members of the public to listen to and/or view, within 72 hours of the meeting taking place.
Members of the public may use Facebook and Twitter or other forms of social media to report on proceedings at this meeting. Anyone wishing to film part or all of the proceedings may do so unless the press and public are excluded for that part of the meeting or there is good reason not to do so. As a matter of courtesy, anyone wishing to film proceedings is asked to advise the Chairperson so that those present may be made aware.
A G E N D A
The first section of the meeting will be chaired by Mr R Milton, the Chairperson of the Authority. If the Chairperson is absent, the Deputy Chairperson shall preside.
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest/Lobbying of Members/Unaccompanied Site Visits
Members are asked to declare:-
(1) any interests they may have in relation to items on the agenda for this meeting;
(2) any lobbying by anyone concerned with a planning application and any unaccompanied site visits where contact has been made with any person concerned with a planning application.
3. Chairperson’s Announcements
(1) To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of the Authority held on 5 November 2019 (Item 4).
(2) To consider any Matters Arising from those Minutes.
5. Public Speaking: The Chairperson will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements, or present a petition. Questions of a general nature relevant to the business of the Authority can be asked under this agenda item. Any questions specific to an agenda item can be posed when that item is considered subject to the discretion of the person presiding at the meeting.
Agenda items relating to the Authority’s role as sole local planning authority for the National Park area including determination of planning applications. This section of the meeting will be chaired by Mr S Pugsley (Deputy Chairperson (Planning)). If the Deputy Chairperson (Planning) is absent, the Deputy Chairperson of the Authority shall be preside.
6. Appeals: To note the decision of the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government to dismiss the appeal against a refusal to grant a certificate of lawful use or development (LDC) – Application 62/11/18/002 – Groom’s Cottage, Wellfield, Countisbury, Lynton EX35 6NG (Item 6)
7. Development Management: To consider the report of the Head of Planning and Sustainable Development on the following:-
|Agenda Item||Application No.||Description||Page No's|
|7.1||62/50/19/011||Proposed change of use of garage, workshop and store to three bedroom holiday cottage unit - Heddon Valley Mill, Parracombe, Nr Barnstaple, Devon||1 - 16|
|7.2||62/41/19/028||Application under Regulation 3 of the Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992 for the proposed replacement of footbridge - Woodside Bridge, Watersmeet Path, Lynmouth, Devon||17 - 28|
|7.3||6/9/19/124LB||Application under Regulation 3 of the Town and Country Planning general Regulations 1992 for Listed Building Consent for the installation of insulation and dry lining of storage building together with works to remedy water ingress - Retrospective - Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset||29 - 36|
|7.4||6/10/19/112||Lawful Development Certificate for the proposed replacement of rear conservatory - The Barns, Ellicombe Lane, Alcombe, Minehead, Somerset||37 - 44|
8. Application Decisions Delegated to the Chief Executive: To note the applications determined by the Chief Executive under delegated powers (Item 8).
9. Site Visits: To arrange any site visits agreed by the Committee (the reserve date being Friday 3 January (am)).
The remaining section of the meeting will be chaired by Mr R Milton, Chairperson of the Authority. If the Chairperson is absent, the Deputy Chairperson of the Authority shall preside.
10. Progress Implementing the Corporate Plan 2019-2020: To consider the report of the Head of Strategy and Performance (Item 10).
11. Annual Estate Review 2018/19: To consider the report of the Land and Property Manager (Item 11).
12. Authority Meetings Schedule for 2020 and 2021: To consider the report of the Head of Strategy and Performance (Item 12).
13. Exmoor National Park Local Plan, Exmoor National Park Authority Local Development Scheme: To consider the report of the Head of Strategy and Performance (Item 13).
14. Personnel Update
* 25.11.19 Amy Sanders – Assistant Planning Officer
* 30.11.19 Joanna Symons – Planning and Community Manager – resignation
* 15.12.19 Tim Braund – Head of Information and Communication – resignation
Fixed term contract extended to 07.02.21
* Rosie Wilson – Assistant Ranger
Fixed Term Contracts extended to 31.03.21
* Jackie Kiberd – Get Involved Project Coordinator
* Lucy McQuillan – Families United through Nature (FUN)
* Jess Twydall – Get Involved Community Engagement Officer
* Sophie Tyler – Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
* Katrina Munro – Economy Project Officer
15. Any Other Business of Urgency
Further information on any of the reports can be obtained by contacting the National Park Authority at the address and telephone numbers at the top of the agenda. Details of the decisions taken at this meeting will be set out in the formal Minutes which the Committee will be asked to approve as a correct record at its next meeting. In the meantime, details of the decisions can be obtained from Judy Coles, Corporate Support Officer, at Exmoor House.
AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING
Audio and Video Recording Disclaimer: The Authority takes no responsibility for views expressed by members of the public during recorded public meetings. Views expressed by individual Authority Members are not necessarily those of the Authority itself. Recordings or any part thereof may be removed from the Authority’s website at any time by the Chief Executive or Monitoring Officer if he/she considers that all or part of the content is, or is likely to be, in breach of any statutory provision or common law doctrine. Examples include breaches of Data Protection, Equality and Human Rights legislation or provisions relating to confidential or exempt information.
If you have any difficulty downloading the audio recording, please contact Judy Coles on 01398 322250 or email@example.com.
You can access an audio recording of this meeting via soundcloud at: https://soundcloud.com/xmoorationalark/3-december-2019wma
If you have difficulty accessing soundcloud, please see the following link for help:
You can access a video recording of this meeting here: https://youtu.be/dDwQNNCiVtc
- About Exmoor National Park Authority
- Your Key Contacts at Exmoor National Park Authority
- Committees and meetings
- Meetings Calendar
- Meeting Agendas and Reports
- Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
- Working with us
- Your views
- Equality - Improving Access for All
- Plastic Free Exmoor
- Key Documents
- Records of Decisions and Access to Documents
- Publication Scheme and Open Data
- Press Room
- Our social media house rules
- Partnership Working
- Accessibility Statement
- Position Statements
- UK National Parks' Conference 2022
- Filming on Exmoor