Our social media house rules
Discover Exmoor National Park Authority on social media. Here you’ll find the same friendly welcome, inspirational photos, jaw-dropping views and useful information that you’d find from any of our staff and visitor centres.
Social media can be an exciting, accessible place to find out new information, get inspired about things to do, places to go and people to meet. It can be a great place for informed debate about important issues and topics affecting the National Park. However, it can also be a place where people are quick to talk, without thinking through the impact of their actions.
Our social house rules set out how we will behave on social media and what we expect in return.
On social media we will:
- Share stories about Exmoor National Park Authority, the important work of our staff, partners and activities across the wider National Park.
- Provide information to help people access and enjoy the National Park in the same friendly manner as you would expect from our staff face-to-face.
- Promote services and products that are of interest to our followers and are in line with our values and vision for the National Park.
- Respond to messages (our office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and engage with followers who respect and stick to our social house rules.
In return we expect:
- All users to interact respectfully and to treat our staff and each other in the same considerate way as would be expected face-to-face. We will not respond to or engage with any posts or messages deemed to be inappropriate, and this content may be removed.
We will not accept:
- Content we consider to be threatening, abusive, indecent, obscene or objectionable – this includes text, images or direct messages.
- Content we consider to be misleading, false or illegal.
- Spam or persistent negative posting behaviour that impacts on the enjoyment and use of the vast majority of our social media users.
- Repetitive negative posts designed to provoke a response to a question that we’ve already answered.
- References to commercial advertising or spam.
Remember – behind every post, there is a person trying their best to look after our amazing National Park.
We may remove, in whole or in part, any post on our social media accounts that do not conform to our social media house rules.
We reserve the right to report or block the user from following our accounts.
We sometimes receive a significant number of questions regarding the same issue or event. In this case, unless a specific question not covered by our existing information has been asked, we may refer users to a dedicated webpage instead of issuing a personalised response. If you still have specific questions, please refer this via direct mail to email@example.com.
- COVID-19 Exmoor
- About Exmoor National Park Authority
- Your Key Contacts at Exmoor National Park Authority
- Committees and meetings
- Meetings Calendar
- Meeting Agendas and Reports
- Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
- Working with us
- Your views
- Equality - Improving Access for All
- Plastic Free Exmoor
- Key Documents
- Records of Decisions and Access to Documents
- Publication Scheme and Open Data
- Press Room
- Our social media house rules
- Partnership Working
- Accessibility Statement
- Position Statements