CareMoor for Exmoor supports valuable conservation and access projects in the National Park. Contributions to CareMoor help provide better habitats and homes for wildlife, protection for our heritage and repairs that keep our paths network open for all.
Donations to CareMoor have allowed us to:
- Fund a new boardwalk at Porlock Weir providing access to the marsh (see photo)
- Restore Rights of Way following flooding, landslides and fallen trees
- Work with disadvantaged communities to visit Exmoor
- Remove barriers to those with access needs
- Improve woodland for dormice and put up lots of new nestboxes
- Create a pocket guide to butterflies
- Support volunteers to Get Involved in conserving Exmoor
- Renovate the lost gardens of Ashcombe
- Replace and maintain Exmoor’s Historic Signposts
- Replace a large bridge at Woodside, Lynmouth
Ongoing campaigns and appeals are aiming to:
- Plant approx.13,000 trees to create 12 hectares of new woodland at Bye Wood near Winsford/Exford
- Fund the fitting of a new bridge at Great Bradley, near Withypool
- Protect and enhance local habitats and support the creation of new wildflower meadows on Exmoor
- Replace Rights of Way furniture from donations in memory of a loved one or special occasion
Managing the scheme in-house keeps costs to a minimum, meaning donations from anyone inspired by Exmoor go directly to the upkeep of Exmoor National Park.
By supporting CareMoor, visitors can rest assured that they are doing something good for Exmoor and the environment. Businesses and event organisers can benefit from supporting a cause that helps sustain the National Park in which they operate.
Follow us on twitter - @CareMoor4Exmoor