Guidance for Event Organisers
Exmoor National Park is specially protected for its extraordinary landscape and offers rare opportunities to enjoy tranquillity, wildlife and cultural heritage.
Outdoor active events help people enjoy Exmoor and stay fit. They also offer economic benefits to local businesses but it’s important they don’t do any serious or lasting damage to Exmoor’s special qualities.
The following information is for event organisers planning an event within Exmoor National Park.
Guidance for Event Organisers Leaflet
When to contact us:
Please contact us if your event will exceed the following numbers of participants.
- 50 people on foot
- 30 cyclists
- 30 horse riders
- 30 water sports participants
What we can help you with:
- Advice on proposed routes and safety planning
- Consultation with landowners and other key contacts.
- Help to avoid clashes with other events
- Promotion of your event.
What we ask from you:
- Contact us at least 6 months before your event or as soon as you can
- Produce an event management plan and risk assessments based on national good practice
- Obtain appropriate public liability insurance
- Consult with landowners, local communities, police, highways and others as necessary
- Clear away any litter or signage within a day of the event
How to give something back:
CareMoor for Exmoor is Exmoor National Park Authority's donation scheme, providing an opportunity for people to contribute to the upkeep of one of the UK’s most outstanding landscapes. Funds raised go directly towards supporting conservation and access work across the National Park.
Who to contact:
Exmoor National Park Authority, Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset, TA22 9HL
Tel: 01398 323665
- Donate to Caremoor
- Walking on Exmoor
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Out and About Essentials
- National Park Centres
- Exmoor for Families
- Pinkery Breaks
- Where to stay
- Big Picnic
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- Download the Exmoor App
- Accessible Exmoor
- The National Park Ranger Experience
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Tarr Steps
- Lorna Doone 150th Anniversary