Exmoor Day - 19th October
Celebrate all that is good on #ExmoorDay
The 19th October is Exmoor Day - a day to celebrate all that Exmoor National Park offers to the world. Exmoor National Park boasts inspiring landscapes, thriving communities, wonderful wildlife, enterprising businesses, and a rich cultural heritage.
Why the 19th October?
Exmoor National Park came into being on 19th October 1954 when the Designation Order made by the National Parks Commission was confirmed by the Minister for Housing and Local Government, Harold Macmillan, making Exmoor the 8th National Park in the UK.
Why is Exmoor so special?
Home to just under 10,000 residents Exmoor is one of the finest landscapes in the country. The National Park attracts in excess of 2m visitor days a year and is home to well over 1,000 local businesses. Ancient woodlands and heather clad moorlands provide important habitats for all kinds of creatures great and small including the iconic free living Exmoor Ponies and the largest herds of Red deer in the country. At night Exmoor comes alive under some of the darkest skies in the country offering unrivalled opportunities to see thousands of stars above.
What will be happening on Exmoor Day?
Keep your eyes on our social media channels @ExmoorNP on Twitter / Facebook and @exmoor_national_Park on Instagram and follow the #ExmoorDay hashtag to see what others are saying.
How can you get involved?
- We've teamed up with Visit moor to share ten top ways you can be involved, whether you are near or far - take a look here.
- Please share your photos, memories and experiences of Exmoor using the #ExmoorDay hashtag.
- Local business will be holding special promotions - see below and on social media. Search #ExmoorDay
Exmoor Day Offers, Promotions & Competitions
Search #ExmoorDay on social media .
- Benefit from 10% off your purchases at our Exmoor National Park Centres at Dunster, Dulverton and Lynmouth or online shop using the code EXMOORDAY.
- Orchard Escapes Exmoor, in Porlock Vale, are offering a complimentary breakfast hamper for their guests to enjoy on their first morning for bookings 1st November 2022 until 28th February 2023 when they book their luxury shepherd's huts direct.
- The Exmoor Distillery are offering 5cl samples (1pp) of their delectable, artisan spirits for all visitors on October 19th! Find out more: https://www.visit-exmoor.co.uk/food.../exmoor-distillery-ltd ‘
- Exmoor through the lens is celebrating Exmoor Day with 10% off all products in their Gallery at Dunster…Oct 19th only let’s celebrate together!!
- Moor and Sea holidays are offering 10% off on bookings made on their 8 self-catering lodges near Lynton on Exmoor Day
If have any enquiries about Exmoor or Exmoor Day please send them to email@example.com
- Plan Your Visit
- Donate to Caremoor
- Walking on Exmoor
- New Exmoor Walks Page
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Out and About Essentials
- National Park Centres
- Exmoor for Families
- Stargazing & Dark Skies
- Exmoor Visitor
- Pinkery Breaks
- Where to stay
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- Accessible Exmoor
- Park Partners
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Tarr Steps
- Exmoor Day - 19th October
- Book Exmoor Experiences