Updates about ongoing projects and information about paths which are temporarily closed can be found by clicking on the links below.
Today (19th October 2020), as #ExmoorDay is celebrated, Exmoor National Park Authority and Lyn Community Development Trust have released a new film on social media celebrating the reinstatement of Woodside Bridge in the East Lyn Valley earlier this spring following a successful community-led campaign to raise £65K.
Our Rights of Way and Access Annual Report for 2019-20 highlights the work carried out by Exmoor National Park Authority to maintain and improve the public access network across the National park over this 12 month period from April 2019 to March 2020.
Some highlights include:
- Achieved an ‘Open and Easy to Use’ assessment score of 92% for our 1000km Public Rights of Way network.
- Successfully completed 8 major path repairs.
- Our Rangers surveyed 42% of the path network to assess signage and furniture, including 143 bridge inspections.
- Our Fields Services Team made and installed 290 signposts, 157 gates and 6 bridges. This year they cleared 233 fallen trees and cut back vegetation along 159km of paths as well as many other achievements.
- A fantastic effort from our Path Watcher volunteers, surveying paths in 18 Parishes, adding up to 450 hours of effort.
- We have carried out 53 legal events and resolved 9 historical ‘off line’ path issues.
- We have achieved a range of improvements including a new Public Bridleway at Martinhoe and 5 stiles have been replaced with easier alternatives.
Lynmouth's Woodside Bridge was successfully returned to its rightful place yesterday, following a £65K fundraising drive led by the community.
7 May 2020
Contractors working with Exmoor National Park Authority will early next week begin site preparations ready for the replacement of Woodside Bridge near Lynmouth at the end of the month.
9 April 2020
- Plan Your Visit
- Donate to Caremoor
- Walking on Exmoor
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Out and About Essentials
- National Park Centres
- Exmoor for Families
- Exmoor Visitor
- Pinkery Breaks
- Where to stay
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- Accessible Exmoor
- The National Park Ranger Experience
- Park Partners
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Tarr Steps
- Exmoor Day - 19th October
- Book Exmoor Experiences
- Proposals for the Valley of Rocks Picnic Site – Update May 2021