Updates about ongoing projects and information about paths which are temporarily closed can be found by clicking on the links below.
Tweets by @PathsENPA
Rights of Way & Access Annual Report 2018-19
The latest report is now available: Rights of Way & Access Annual Report 2018-19
Here are some of the highlights:
- Achieved an ‘Ease of Use’ assessment score of 93%
- Successfully completed 6 major works – many from Headwaters of Exe project funding.
- Surveyed nearly 40% of the path network to proactively assess signage and furniture to repair and replace where necessary, including 138 bridge inspections
- Fields Services team made 1150 signs/ signposts, 138 gates, cleared 186 fallen trees and cut back 500km of paths as well as many other achievements.
- A fantastic effort from our Path Watcher volunteers, surveying paths in 17 Parishes and adding up to 633 hours.
Julia Bradbury supports Lynmouth Woodside Bridge fundraiser
Exmoor National Park is working with the local community to raise funds to replace Woodside Bridge that crosses East Lyn near Lynmouth. The bridge has provided an important crossing that has helped thousands of visitors and local people enjoy the beauty of this area, but sadly the previous one was so well-trodden that it had to be removed in December 2016.
People can donate via the Exmoor National Park website
http://www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk/caremoor/woodside or by sending a cheque to “CareMoor (Exmoor National Park)” to Exmoor House, Dulverton, TA22 9HL. For further information contact Lynmouth Pavilion National Park Centre on 01598 752509.
More details - please click here.
The Chains and Great Bradley Bridge - Mend Our Mountains Appeal
Help fund vital work on The Chains and Great Bradley through a contribution to the BMC Mend the Mountains National Parks campaign.
Mend Our Mountains: Make One Million aims to raise £1 million in total for a range of vital path repair projects within Britain’s entire family of 15 National Parks.
To find out more about the campaign visit http://mendmountains.thebmc.co.uk/.
Changes to the Path Network: Public Path Orders
Up and coming Recreational Events
Somerset County Council Interactive Map: Logging issues on Rights of Way
- Donate to Caremoor
- Walking on Exmoor
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Out and About Essentials
- National Park Centres
- Exmoor for Families
- Exmoor Visitor
- Pinkery Breaks
- Autumn on Exmoor
- Where to stay
- Big Picnic
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- Accessible Exmoor
- The National Park Ranger Experience
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Tarr Steps