Book a large group break at our Pinkery Centre
Our Pinkery Centre for Outdoor Learning in the heart of Exmoor is ideal for a large group holiday. We have wide experience of educating and leading small groups, so can also help with arranging some fun activities to suit all interests, ages and abilities if required (see below). Alternatively, you may prefer to be left to make your own arrangements.
The accommodation at our Pinkery Centre is predominantly in our 15 bunk rooms with capacity up to around 42 people. Each bunk room (for 4-6 people) has its own en-suite shower room with W.C. There are communal areas including a large common room, classroom, dining room, drying and boot room. The centre is fairly basic but comfortable and has heating, hot water and electricity generated on site and provides a stunning location to escape the everyday.
The Pinkery Centre is set in the heart of Exmoor National Park between the villages of Challacombe and Simonsbath. It is accessible by car, minibus or coach and has ample free parking. Even though the two villages are fairly close, with the breath-taking views around the centre you will feel like intrepid moorland explorers! Exmoor is a designated International Dark Sky Reserve and has some of the darkest skies in the country. The Pinkery Centre is located within the core dark sky zone – so on a clear night you will be amazed by the thousands of stars you can see, even with the naked eye.
Lynton and Lynmouth, on the coast, are the nearest towns (approx. 13 miles) with a good choice of shops, cafés, pubs, restaurants and places to visit, including the National Park Centre.
**Subject to the coronavirus restrictions that are in place we can accept bookings future bookings from groups of up to 42 people. Some of the below activities might be available and possible within social distancing rules depending on your group size.**
Our centre can be booked exclusively by any group of all ages and interests throughout the year. We’re keen to help ensure that your stay is as memorable as possible. Whether this is your first visit to Exmoor or you already have some knowledge, we can help you get the most from your experience by offering an activity package hosted by National Park staff to suit your group. These packages are dependent upon prior agreement and booking. Activity/Instruction prices start at £100 and depend upon numbers and length of activity. For example, we can help with the following packages:
- Arrival Packages including; Welcome and Introductory Talk on Exmoor National Park and exploring the local area Welcome, Guided Pinkery Pond Walk and National Park Quiz with host (£100)
- Moorland Heritage Talks and Guided Walks (from £150)
- Specialist speaker Talk/Walk Archaeology, Wildlife, Woodland, Coastal, Moorland Management (from £150)
- Children’s Wildlife & Outdoor Activity Sessions eg. pond dipping, mini-beasting, low ropes course (half day £150, full day £250)
- Family Activity Sessions eg. obstacle course, orienteering, archery (half day £150, full day £250)
- Simonsbath - the Heart of Exmoor and the Royal Forest; Walk and Talk (from £150)
- Adventure Activity Sessions eg. guided hike, grass sledging and mountain boarding (half day £150, full day £250)
To find out more about booking Pinkery for an exclusive break email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Centre Manager Dave Huxtable on 01643 831437. Alternatively, please call Katrina Munro on 01398 322236 (Monday-Thursday) or email KJMunro@exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk for further information.
- Plan Your Visit
- Donate to Caremoor
- Walking on Exmoor
- New Exmoor Walks Page
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Out and About Essentials
- National Park Centres
- Exmoor for Families
- Stargazing & Dark Skies
- Exmoor Visitor
- Pinkery Breaks
- Where to stay
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- Accessible Exmoor
- The National Park Ranger Experience
- Park Partners
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Tarr Steps
- Book Exmoor Experiences
- Proposals for the Valley of Rocks Picnic Site – Update May 2021