Exmoor Dark Skies Story-writing Competition for Children
We would like an exciting story inspired by Exmoor’s dark night skies - the judges will be looking for imagination, good use of language and Exmooriness!
Children 11 and under - max 500 words
Children 12 to 16 - max 1000 words
Anyone can enter and there will be first, second and third place winners in each age category, each of whom will win an Exmoor goodie bag and a certificate.
In addition, there will be one prize awarded to the best entry (from either age category) from schools within Devon and Somerset. The successful entrant will win a free Astronomy and Space themed workshop for their school. This will be hosted by Jo Richardson of Space Detectives (www.spacedetectives.com).
Closing date for competition entries: Friday 15th November 2019
Festival details can be found at: www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk/darkskiesfestival
Competition Terms & Conditions
- All entries must be sent by post or hand delivered to: Exmoor National Park Authority, Exmoor House, Dulverton TA22 9HL. Entries cannot be submitted by email.
- Exmoor National Park Authority (ENPA) will not be able to return any stories.
- ENPA will reserve the rights to print/publish any stories with name and age.
- The word limits of 500 words (11 and under) and 1000 words (12-16s) must be adhered to.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 15th November.
- Winners will be notified by Friday 30th November and their names, age and stories will be announced via social media, press release and added to the ENPA website.
- The school’s prize is only available to schools within Devon and Somerset. It is for one workshop for up to 35 children by Jo Richardson of Space Detectives to be arranged direct. (www.spacedetectives.com). If the school requires any additional or larger workshops, this can be negotiated directly with Jo Richardson.
- Donate to Caremoor
- Walking on Exmoor
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Out and About Essentials
- National Park Centres
- Exmoor for Families
- Autumn on Exmoor
- Where to stay
- Big Picnic
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- Download the Exmoor App
- Accessible Exmoor
- The National Park Ranger Experience
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Tarr Steps
- Lorna Doone 150th Anniversary