Book an Activity Break at our Pinkery Centre
We've carefully developed four 2 night activity breaks at our Pinkery Centre for Outdoor Learning in the heart of Exmoor. We have wide experience of educating and leading small groups, and the breaks have been developed to suit a range of interests and ages. Choose from:
- Family Discovery Break - Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th August 2019 The perfect opportunity for a family with a sense of adventure! Have fun as a family with outdoor activities such as orienteering, low ropes, archery, grass sledging, fire-lighting and campfire. (All ages – children welcome). Prices start from £120 per person (includes activities, food and 2 nights accommodation in a bunk room with en-suite and VAT). More details and booking here for 2nd to 4th August
- Active Exmoor Weekend – Friday 9th to Sunday 11th August 2019 Sorry-this break has been cancelled
There’s a range of accommodation options for singles, couples and family/friend groups. Over the course of your stay you’ll enjoy the great outdoors, meet like-minded people, learn new skills and have great fun. The breaks include two nights’ accommodation, all food (arrival day supper to final day lunch) and guide/tuition. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
The accommodation at our Pinkery Centre is predominantly bunk rooms with capacity for between 4-6 people. Each bunk room has its own en-suite shower room with W.C. You/your group will have exclusive use of a bunk room. There are communal areas including a large common room, classroom, dining room, drying and boot room. The centre is basic but has heating, hot water and electricity generated on site and provides a stunning location to escape the everyday.
The Pinkery Centre is set in the heart of Exmoor National Park between the villages of Challacombe and Simonsbath. It is accessible by car, minibus or coach and has ample free parking. Even though the two villages are fairly close, with the breath-taking views around the centre you will feel like intrepid moorland explorers!
Exmoor is a designated International Dark Sky Reserve and has some of the darkest skies in the country. The Pinkery Centre is located within the core dark sky zone – so on a clear night you will be amazed by the thousands of stars you can see, even with the naked eye.
Lynton and Lynmouth, on the coast, are the nearest towns (approx. 13 miles) with a good choice of shops, cafés, pubs, restaurants and places to visit, including the National Park Centre.
BOOKING IS NOW OPEN!! Use the links above
ENQUIRIES & BOOKING - If you would like to ask any questions or just to find out more about the accommodation, the prices, the breaks and their suitability for you and your family or group, use the links above. Alternatively, please call Katrina Munro on 01398 323665 (Monday-Thursday) or email KJMunro@exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk
- Donate to Caremoor
- Walking on Exmoor
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Out and About Essentials
- National Park Centres
- Exmoor for Families
- Pinkery Breaks
- Where to stay
- Big Picnic
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- Download the Exmoor App
- Accessible Exmoor
- The National Park Ranger Experience
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Tarr Steps
- Lorna Doone 150th Anniversary