This delightful village lies in the heart of Exmoor’s moorland and provides a wonderful educational base. The enquiry highlights the endeavours of farmers and industrialists as they tried to ‘conquer’ and exploit the landscape and it’s underground resources. The River Barle and Birchcleave wood provide wonderful location for woodland and river studies.
The Iron Age
The Industrial revolution on Exmoor
Water power and Mills
- Book a Visit
- Exmoor Learning Resources
- Pinkery Centre for Outdoor Learning
- The River Lyn Enquiry
- Coastal Management In Porlock Bay
- The Moorland Classroom
- Paddlesteamers, Postcards and Holidays Past
- Exmoor - a Journey Through Time
- Exmoor Facts and Figures
- Did You Know?
- North Hill in World War 2