Rural Enterprise Exmoor
Understanding and supporting Exmoor's rural economy and links to the National Park.
The Rural Enterprise Exmoor initiative was launched in the autumn of 2019 to map and review current business activities across the moor and to gain a wide range of views from businesses around the challenges they face and future opportunities. This evidence will be used in developing a revised economic model for Exmoor identifying strategic priorities, principles and opportunities to support the Exmoor economy in line with the area’s designation as a National Park, ensuring local business views are represented.
Research Report - June 2020
- Rural Enterprise Exmoor Research Executive Summary (PDF)
- Rural Enterprise Exmoor Research Report (PDF)
- Exmoor Covid-19 Economic Impact report (PDF). As the primary data for the Rural Enterprise Exmoor work was collected prior to the impact of Covid-19 on the UK economy a further survey was undertaken to sit alongside the baseline data collected to provide an overview of the economic impact of Covid-19 on the economy.
The research completed to date will feed into phase two of the project , currently scheduled for Autumn 2020 to focus on the way ahead considering both Covid-19 recovery and future opportunities.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in this work, or willing to help support it, please email RuralEnterprise@exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk.
Anecdotal evidence suggested that national datasets underestimated the breadth and depth of business activity undertaken on Exmoor due to utilizing VAT And PAYE registrations and thus overlooking sole traders and many micro businesses that dominate our rural economy.
The research for Rural Enterprise Exmoor aimed to map the true extent of business activity and to engage with a range of these micro-businesses who have chosen to operate within Exmoor to report their views.
The initial research element of the project was undertaken by Wavehill,an independent research organisation.
The project is supported and funded by the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership, West Somerset Opportunity Area, Somerset County Council, Somerset West and Taunton Council and North Devon Council.
- Health and Wellbeing
- Guidance for Event Organisers
- Services Information for Exmoor
- Information for Farmers and Land Managers
- Information for Tourism Providers
- Business & Economy
- Grants and Funding
- The Lynmouth Pavilion Project
- Superfast Broadband
- Affordable Housing on Exmoor
- Brendon Commons Council
- Simonsbath Programme
- Headwaters of the Exe Project
- Eat Exmoor
- Climate Action