Plastic Free Exmoor
Every day approximately 8 million pieces of plastic pollution find their way into our oceans.
Globally there is recognition that this must stop, which is why Exmoor National Park Authority has signed up to the ‘Plastic Free Communities’ campaign, coordinated by Surfers Against Sewage.
Single-use plastics have no place in our National Parks. Our ambition is to drastically reduce the consumption of single-use plastics, like packaging, cups, cutlery and carrier bags throughout Exmoor National Park, starting with the Authority, and working to help spread the word and find solutions within our wider communities.
Our Ambition is to:
- REDUCE our single-use plastics footprint.
- Help UNITE COMMUNITIES to do the same across Exmoor National Park
We will achieve this by:
1. Reviewing our daily operations to identify ways of reducing single-use plastics.
2. Encouraging partner organisations, communities and business to get involved and supporting them to take action.
3. Spreading the word about the plastics problem and simple ways of helping tackle it.
The Plastic Free North Devon consortium was set up in April 2018 to combat the global problem of plastic pollution through local action. The consortium consists of representatives from a number of charities, voluntary groups and organisations.
You can find advice and guidance for Plastic Free Events on the 2 PDFs on the left of this page
Watch this powerful short film created by Plastic Free North Devon which has been created to encourage North Devon residents to feel empowered to make small changes to their lives which can ultimately have a big impact on our natural world. We are so lucky to live in a place which holds so much natural beauty but we all have a duty to protect it for future generations. (Opens in new window).
- COVID-19 Exmoor
- About Exmoor National Park Authority
- Your Key Contacts at Exmoor National Park Authority
- Committees and meetings
- Meetings Calendar
- Meeting Agendas and Reports
- Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
- Working with us
- Your views
- Equality - Improving Access for All
- Plastic Free Exmoor
- Key Documents
- Records of Decisions and Access to Documents
- Publication Scheme and Open Data
- Press Room
- Our social media house rules
- Partnership Working
- Accessibility Statement
- Position Statements