Careers advice and info
The benefits of Working here with us.
We want Exmoor National Park Authority to be a great place to work and offer the following benefits:
- Work-life balance and family friendly policies.
- Hybrid and flexible working (does not apply to all posts).
- A generous annual leave allowance plus bank holidays.
- Local government pension scheme.
- Covering the costs for eye tests.
- Free parking.
- A beautiful setting where staff can boost their health and wellbeing, taking the opportunity to walk at lunchtime with or without a dog.
- We are a ‘Mindful Employer’ that raises awareness of mental health in the workplace, have trained Mental Health First Aiders and provide a 24/7 independent and confidential helpline.
- Support to develop skills, knowledge, and experience, through our annual Personal Development Reviews and quarterly one-to-one meetings.
- We try to arrange at least one staff study day a year.
- Opportunities to build new friendships and learn more about National Parks through the Society for National Parks Staff (SNPS) at a cost of £5 a month.
Our Recruitment Process
All vacancies advertised for ENPA require the completion of an application form via Webrecruit (the link to apply will be provided with the job advert). Please do not send CVs as these are not considered. The information provided in an application form relating to your education, employment history, skills, knowledge, and experience is the only information we will use in deciding whether you will be shortlisted for interview. It is essential that you read the job description and person specification and tell us how you match the requirements for the role.
If you have any questions or difficulties completing your application or need to apply using a different format, then please contact the HR Officer on 01398 322231.
Shortlisting is carried out as soon as possible after the closing date. A minimum of two people will normally shortlist. Scoring of the criteria in the person specification are consistently applied to all candidates. There is no maximum or minimum number of candidates who will be shortlisted.
The application form is not used as a test for literacy unless it is a genuine requirement of the job. If the person specification states that the need for good written communication skills, it will be important for you to consider how your content and writing style will be assessed.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. The planned date for interviews will be stated on advert. Depending on the role, as well as a formal interview, shortlisted candidates may be asked to undertake a written exercise, a relevant work-based exercise or prepare and deliver a presentation as part of the interview process. We will inform candidates of any specific requirements.
Interviews will be conducted by at least two people, and you will be asked questions which are intended to allow you to expand on your application to demonstrate the extent to which you meet the requirements of the post. You will have the opportunity to ask questions. Whilst the interview is a formal part of the recruitment process, we understand that people can be nervous so we will do our very best to make you feel comfortable.
Second interviews may be required for a smaller selection of candidates.
References are obtained when the successful candidate has been chosen.
We are committed to putting equity, diversity, and inclusion, at the heart of our culture and our work.
We are accredited as a Disability Confident Employer and as such ensures that all candidates meeting the minimum requirements of the post who declare a disability on their application will be guaranteed an interview and we will make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment processes to accommodate individual needs. If you require a telephone discussion before your interview, then please contact the HR Officer.
We are also a signatory to the Charter for Employers who are positive about mental health. We will aim to show a positive and enabling attitude to employees and job applicants with mental health issues, and to our employees throughout their employment with us.
To help candidates who otherwise may be financially prohibited in attending an interview, we can arrange the interview via MS Teams.