Farming in Protected Landscapes
On Exmoor we are delivering Defra’s Farming in Protected Landscapes programme. To demonstrate what the Farming in Protected Landscapes programme has delivered in its first year, National Parks England have produced a publication including case studies from projects funded across England.
It is open to all farmers and land managers within a National Park or AONB in England as part of the Government’s Agricultural Transitional Plan, which sets out how Defra’s support for farmers and land managers is changing over the next few years. To see the projects that we have funded so far please see our Transparency of Funding document.
What the programme will pay for
Farming in Protected Landscapes is a programme of funding for one-off projects, not an ongoing agri-environment scheme. It will support farmers and land managers to carry out projects that:
- support nature recovery
- mitigate the impacts of climate change
- provide opportunities for people to discover, enjoy and understand the landscape and its cultural heritage
- support nature-friendly, sustainable farm businesses
For example, the programme might support:
- promoting connectivity between habitats
- replacing stiles with gates on public footpaths, to promote easier access
- conserving historic features on a farm, such as lime kilns or mining heritage
- supporting a locally branded food initiative that promotes the links between the product and the landscape in which it is produced
- action to reduce carbon emissions on a farm
- gathering data and evidence to help inform conservation and farming practice
How to apply
You can contact us about applications by emailing email@example.com.
Multi-year awards are possible for longer projects, but all projects must end by March 2025.
To apply please complete the Application form and return to us via email to
or by post to Farming in Protected Landscapes Team, Exmoor National Park Authority, Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset, TA22 9HL.
If you would like us to help us advise you prior to completing an application please email firstname.lastname@example.org